LANDING PLATFORM DOCK 10000 - damen.com
DSA 2018: Damen positions Enforcer 10000 LDP for Malaysian multirole ship requirement
Jon Grevatt, Kuala Lumpur - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
Netherlands shipbuilder Damen is positioning its Enforcer 10000 landing platform dock (LPD) to meet an anticipated requirement in the Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) for multirole support ships (MRSS).
Gysbert Boersma, Damen’s sales director for Malaysia and Indonesia, told Jane’s that the company is currently in talks with both the RMN and local industry in support of the bid.
However, he also conceded that the MRSS programme is unlikely to start in the near term, given the general election in Malaysia in 2018 and the lack of funding that the procurement has so far secured from the country’s national defence budget.
Original post: janes.com
LANDING PLATFORM DOCK 10000
PROVEN MISSION - MODULARITY
• Standard Role 2 hospital facilities expandable with hospital containers;
• Command & Control facilities;
• Extensive lane meters and vehicle deck area available for modular mission equipment;
• 2 embarked LCVP;
• Tailor-made weapons & Sensors package;
• Standardized design tuned to client's specific wishes.
EXCELLENT SURVIVABILITY FEATURES
• Designed according to Naval Classification standards;
• Vital machinery doubled in separate engine rooms;
• Additional shock protection, underwater noise reduction, NBCD Citadel & Wash-down installation optional;
• 2 Spots helicopter deck & hangar;
• 70 t stern ramp, 50 t side ramp;
• Dock for simultaneous loading/unloading of 2 landing craft;
• Large EMF/troop accommodation.